Robredo Denies Calling For Duterte Ouster
Ringo | On 30, Dec 2016
Vice President Leni Robredo denied that she joined rallies aimed at calling for the ouster of President Rodrigo Duterte.
“I’m not aware of, much less am I involved in, any effort to ‘oust’ the President,” Robredo said in a statement. “Furthermore, I categorically deny joining rallies that called for the President’s ouster.”
Robredo resigned as housing secretary earlier this month after she was barred from president’s cabinet meeting. She publicly criticized the burial of former president Ferdinand Marcos in the Libingan ng mga Bayani.
According to reports, Robredo was not seen in rallies that denounced the burial. However, she attended the honors at the Bantayog ng mga Bayani on November 30, which coincide with a rally at the People Power Monument.
The said rally was attended Robredo’s allies like Mar Roxas and Leila De Lima.