Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Philippines Daily | February 18, 2018

Scroll to top

Top

No Comments

More Than 2,200 Pinoys In Kuwait Wants To Go Home

More Than 2,200 Pinoys In Kuwait Wants To Go Home

| On 12, Feb 2018

More than 2,200 Kuwait-based Pinoys are willing to accept the repatriation offer of President Rodrigo Duterte.

Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) Secretary Silvestre Bello III confirmed this news.

“We have been informed that as of Friday there were 2,200-plus Filipinos who are willing to go home,” said Bello.

This came after President Rodrigo Duterte asked the Philippine Airlines and Cebu Pacific to provide flights for Filipinos who wanted to go back to the Philippines.

The government was prompted to offer repatriation for the Filipino in Kuwait because of job place abuse. Last week, a Filipina, who had cut communication with her family for more than a year already was found dead inside a freezer.

Bello said the flights for the Filipino are free of charge and 500 Filipinos are set to return home soon.

President Rodrigo Duterte ordered the suspension of exporting manpower in Kuwait due to several reports of abuse. On Friday, he said the suspension would remain indefinitely.

Loading...

Submit a Comment

Cool Facebook Widget