Microsoft Won’t Update Windows 10 Mobile
Ringo | On 10, Oct 2017
Microsoft Corporation has given up to provide software for smartphones.
Windows 10 chief Joe Belfiore announced that the company will no longer continue with providing upgrades for Windows 10 operating system for mobile phone. In a tweet, he, however, explained that the company will continue to support users.
“Of course we’ll continue to support the platform… bug fixes, security updates, et cetera,” said Belfiore. “But building new features or hardware is not the focus.”
Belfiore noted that the Microsoft “tried so hard” to have app developers, even to the point of writing codes for them, but users are relatively low for investment.
We have tried VERY HARD to incent app devs. Paid money.. wrote apps 4 them.. but volume of users is too low for most companies to invest. ☹️ https://t.co/ePsySxR3LB
— Joe Belfiore (@joebelfiore) October 8, 2017
This announcement came a week after HP announced that it would no longer release handsets that are powered by Windows OS. It has also been disclosed the Bill Gates himself also switched to Android.
However, there are some handset manufacturers that released new units that are powered by Microsoft. UK’s Wileyfox and Germany’s Trekstor are among others.
— Ben Wood (@benwood) August 31, 2017
Windows 10 is accounted for the .03% of the global market – based on phone shipment – according to research company IDC.
Related Posts :
Like Philippine Daily
- This Man Has Been Stealing Computer Parts Since December, He Receives A Black Eye From The Owner
- Child Rapist Raped, Treated by Doctors; Gang Raped in Prison
- Miss Universe Memes Go Viral
- Teen Accuses Leyte Gov Of Rape
- Australian Behind “Daisy’s Destruction” Slapped With Multiple Charges
- Marlene Aguilar Calls Freddie Aguilar’s Wife “Prostitute” and Not a Minor Anymore
- Mother Deer Sacrifices Self Against Cheetahs For Her Fawns
- Anne Curtis Victimized By Fake LCD Seller
- Coleen Garcia Breaks Silence on Alleged Sex Scandal
- QC Police Who Owns Colorum Jeepney Threatens ‘We’ll Both End Up Dead’ If Officials Will Tow His Vehicles