Look: First Aeta To Graduate In UP-Manila
Ringo | On 27, Jun 2017
One member of the Aeta community made history as the first person from the group to graduate from the University of the Philippines – Manila.
Norman King went up to the stage, wearing his tribe’s traditional outfit, to get his diploma. He was with his grandparents and mother, who proudly clapped their hands.
1st Aeta graduate of UP Manila CAS – BA Behavioral Science (Norman King)
Posted by Malco Malco Bernal on Tuesday, June 20, 2017
King graduated with a degree in Bachelor of Arts, Major in Behavioral Sciences. He said when he went up the stage, he brought his whole community.
“Hindi lang ako ang umakyat du’n, parang kami nang lahat ng mga kapwa ko katutubo ang nag-represent du’n,” said King.
A scholar, King noted that his journey was never easy. He admitted that he used to fail in subjects that have numbers.
“Maraming adjustments, di ko kinakahiya na madalas ako bumagsak noon sa Math,” said King who is also known as Isagani Malaya in the photography department.
Related Posts :
Like Philippine Daily
- Kuya Jobert Attempts to Jump-Off Building
- Last Go Brother With Cancer Dies
- ‘It’s Showtime’ Shares Tear-Jerking Video As Tribute To Franco Hernandez
- Ryan Bang Reveals ‘It’s Showtime’ Future Segments And Plans To Danica Sotto
- Miss Universe Memes Go Viral
- Chef Hasset Go Passes Away
- Amor Powers Finds Out Yna Is Her Daughter
- Mimai Ong Makes Heartbreaking Video For Her Fallen Angel
- Hashtag Franco Passes Away
- Farmer’s Son Gets Harvard Scholarship