Fire Hits Valenzuela Slipper Factory, At Least 3 Died
Ringo | On 13, May 2015
Three were confirmed dead after a fire broke in factory of slippers at Tatalon Street in Barangay Ugong, Valenzuela City.
Supt. Crispulo Diaz of the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) said the three confirmed death was caused by suffocation.
Barangay Ugong desk officer Solomon Cabanez was quoted as saying that around 300 employees are tapped inside the Havanas Sandalas factory. A security guard, on the other hand, noted that 200 were still inside.
Valenzuela Mayor Rex Gatchalian arrived at the scene.
An employee named Ema, who was able to got out of the facility before the fire spread, said most of the employees in the first floor were able to get out and those who are on the second floor were trapped.
As of the current, the BFP is still determining the number of employees inside the facility.
As of 1:00 p.m. the BFP declared the fire under Task Force Charlie, the third alarm in a seven-step fire alert system. This means that a;; fire trucks in Metro Manila must help in combating the fire.
The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) also set up a desk near the area in order to help people who are looking for their family members who are working in the factory.
The officials are still investigating the cause of the blaze.
Veato Ang, the owner of the business called the incident “accident.”
Related Posts :
Like Philippine Daily
- Duterte Confronts Pia Ranada Over Article Featuring His Assistant
- Miss Universe Memes Go Viral
- Model’s Second Leg Removed Caused By Super-Absorbent Tampoon
- This Man Was Victimized By ‘Ipit Gang’ In Mandaluyong
- A Prisoner Who Was Declared Dead Suddenly Wakes Up In The Morgue
- Look: Maxene Magalona And Rob Mananquil Wedding Photos
- Who is Ali Khatibi, the Father of Cristine’s Child?
- The Sacred Riana Wins Asia’s Got Talent 2
- Devotees Leave Tons Of Trash After Procession
- Michelle Madrigal Posts Photo Of Rumored Boyfriend