Eight Minor Women Saved from Prostitution in Mandaluyong
Ringo | On 17, Oct 2014
Eight minor women were saved from prostitution by the authorities during an entrapment operation in Mandaluyong City.
The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Anti-Human Trafficking Division set an entrapment operation to catch two pimps on the act of selling women. The entrapment was planned for more than a week along with continues monitoring of their activities.
The agents of NBI first acted as customers and made a deal with the pimps. Both parties agreed with paying a down payment with the remaining balance will be settled when the women are delivered. The place was a hotel in Mandaluyong.
The suspects were identified as Rolly Batilaran alias Samantha and Argie Balagos. Both of them admitted that they are into such type of job.
The two suspects are facing criminal charges in relation to violation of Anti-Human Trafficking, Anti-Violence Against Women and Their Children and Child Abuse.
The rescued women, on the other hand, are brought to the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) where they will undergo stress debriefing and counselling in order for them to recover from the pains of their experiences.
According to the NBI, poverty is one of the main reason why women, specially the minor allow themselves to be put in such pedestal.
Related Posts :
Like Philippine Daily
- Child Rapist Raped, Treated by Doctors; Gang Raped in Prison
- Mom, 19, Sexually Abuses Son, Three Months And Created A Child Porn
- Miss Universe Memes Go Viral
- How Ph’s Bet Handles Bullies In ANTM
- Why James Reid and Girlfriend Broke-up?
- Taxi Driver Returns iPhone Via Raffy Tulfo Show, Owner Is Ungrateful
- Man Jumps From Batangas Tower, Survives The Fall
- Ina Raymundo’s Sexy Bikini Instagram Photos Inspire Thousands
- Lazada’s Expensive Swimming Pool Gets Hilarious Reviews
- Pauleen Luna in Malaysian Political Scandal