Eight Minor Women Saved from Prostitution in Mandaluyong
Ringo | On 17, Oct 2014
Eight minor women were saved from prostitution by the authorities during an entrapment operation in Mandaluyong City.
The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Anti-Human Trafficking Division set an entrapment operation to catch two pimps on the act of selling women. The entrapment was planned for more than a week along with continues monitoring of their activities.
The agents of NBI first acted as customers and made a deal with the pimps. Both parties agreed with paying a down payment with the remaining balance will be settled when the women are delivered. The place was a hotel in Mandaluyong.
The suspects were identified as Rolly Batilaran alias Samantha and Argie Balagos. Both of them admitted that they are into such type of job.
The two suspects are facing criminal charges in relation to violation of Anti-Human Trafficking, Anti-Violence Against Women and Their Children and Child Abuse.
The rescued women, on the other hand, are brought to the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) where they will undergo stress debriefing and counselling in order for them to recover from the pains of their experiences.
According to the NBI, poverty is one of the main reason why women, specially the minor allow themselves to be put in such pedestal.
Related Posts :
Like Philippine Daily
- This Man Has Been Stealing Computer Parts Since December, He Receives A Black Eye From The Owner
- Miss Universe Memes Go Viral
- Child Rapist Raped, Treated by Doctors; Gang Raped in Prison
- Coleen Garcia Breaks Silence on Alleged Sex Scandal
- Pinay, 13, Gets Standing Ovation In ‘Ireland’s Got Talent’
- Marlene Aguilar Calls Freddie Aguilar’s Wife “Prostitute” and Not a Minor Anymore
- Anne Curtis Victimized By Fake LCD Seller
- Mom Ties Baby Like A Dog
- Why James Reid and Girlfriend Broke-up?
- Mother Deer Sacrifices Self Against Cheetahs For Her Fawns