Duterte Orders Building Of Relief Hubs In Calamity-Prone Areas
Ringo | On 20, Dec 2017
President Rodrigo Duterte ordered the creation of relief hubs in areas that are prone to calamities.
Agriculture Secretary Emmanuel Piñol, who accompanied Duterte in his visit to calamity-stricken Biliran, said these hubs will serve as stock rooms for goods such as rice. The National Food Authority and the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) are tasked in this project.
“The President gave the order after hearing yet another concern from the local executives of Biliran Province on the lack of food supply following the devastation caused by Typhoon Urduja on the island,” said Piñol.
Piñol said Biliran is one of the areas that need relief hub since the relief is still ferried from Cebu.
Biliran was badly hit by Typhoon Urduja, which left 33 people dead and affected 8,700 families. Now, the authorities are having hard times transferring the relief good because of broken bridges and roads.
Urduja has left the Philippines but another storm was brewing off Mindanao.
Related Posts :
Like Philippine Daily
- This Man Has Been Stealing Computer Parts Since December, He Receives A Black Eye From The Owner
- Mother Deer Sacrifices Self Against Cheetahs For Her Fawns
- Child Rapist Raped, Treated by Doctors; Gang Raped in Prison
- Australian Behind “Daisy’s Destruction” Slapped With Multiple Charges
- Divorce Bill Passes Through House Committee
- Marlene Aguilar Calls Freddie Aguilar’s Wife “Prostitute” and Not a Minor Anymore
- Coco’s Baby, Ricky Boy, Seen Singing ‘Versace On The Floor’
- 15 Palawan Students Allegedly Possessed By Evil Spirit
- Coleen Garcia Breaks Silence on Alleged Sex Scandal
- Mom Ties Baby Like A Dog