DOH Commends Duterte For Drastic Change Of Firecracker Injuries
Ringo | On 02, Jan 2018
The Department of Health (DOH) commended President Rodrigo Duterte for his regulation of fireworks usage in residential areas.
In a report by the CNN Philippines, DOH Secretary Paulyn Ubial said that as of 6:00 a.m. on January 1, 2018, the health department recorded a total of 350 firecracker and firework-related injuries for New Year’s Eve 2017.
“This is 60 percent wagi. Sixty percent lower than the five-year average of 2011 to 2015, and lower also by 60 percent as compared to the same period last year,” Ubial said.
President Duterte’s Executive Order No. 28 “Providing for the Regulation and Control of the Use of Firecrackers and other Pyrotechnic Devices,” was aimed in regulating the usage of the firecrackers in celebration of Christmas and New Year’s Eve.
“Iwas Paputok, Fireworks Display ang Patok! Makiisa sa Community Fireworks sa Inyong Lugar,” the slogan of the campaign said.
Indeed, the campaign was successful since many netizens claimed that the firecrackers were lessened during the New Year’s Eve.
*konti paputok ngaung taon kaya di din umitim mga ilong namin…hehehe! At least kumonte insidente ng mga naputukan at nasunugan. Masaganang bagong taon sa inyong lahat!!!
Posted by Cherry Ann Mascarinas on Sunday, December 31, 2017
Happy new year! Konti paputok ngayon
Posted by El Israel Evangelista on Monday, January 1, 2018