Comelec Website Hacked
Ringo | On 28, Mar 2016
Anonymous Philippines hacked through and defaced the website of Commission of Elections (Comelec) sending the message that it is watching.
The hacker group took down the website and defaced it with a statement that was placed on its front page. It wants the Comelec to implement the security features of vote-counting machines (VCMs), previously known as precinct count optical scan (PCOS).
“One of the processes by which people exercise their sovereignty is through voting in an election – where people choose the candidates who will best represent them, who will serve under the principle that ‘public office is a public trust’.” said Anonymous Philippines.
“But what happens when the electoral process is so mired with questions and controversies? Can the government still guarantee that sovereignty of the people is upheld?”
As of the writing, the website returned to normal.
An election watch dog earlier said that it will file a case against the Comelec pertaining to the issues of digital signatures.
A video of Anonymous had gone viral warning that it will activate a computer virus that will disrupt the system of VCMs in case the Comelec won’t issue election receipt. The virus will declare Anynymous as the president.
Anonymous vs ComelecVideo grabbed from ChrisStevens (un-authenticated)https://www.facebook.com/MakabagongPinayAstig/
Posted by Pinay Astig on Sunday, March 20, 2016
Related Posts :
Like Philippine Daily
- Fidget Spinners Are Not For Toddlers, Their Small Finger May Stuck Inside The Holes
- Child Rapist Raped, Treated by Doctors; Gang Raped in Prison
- What If Disney Princesses Have Short Hair?
- Robbers Raid Jewelry Store at SM Mall of Asia
- Ed Sheeran Now Engaged
- Alleged Jason Abalos Scandal Made Rounds Online
- Kim Kardashian And Kanye West Welcome Third Child
- AFP Hunts Senior Maute Group Leader Abu Dar
- Dolores O’Riordan Dies Of Fentanyl Poisoning
- Farmer Produces Six-Legged Sheep